- Mass Casualties
- Natural Disasters
- Financial Crisis
- Food Borne Diseases
- US Recall News
- Class Action Lawsuit
- Recent Outbreaks
- Railroad Law
- Court News
- Legal Insight
- Court Watch
- Supreme Court blocks some redrawn North Carolina districts
- Court: Lawsuit alleging coerced confessions can go to trial
- Thai court drops royal insult charges against academic
- Russia court cancels journalist's deportation to Uzbekistan
- Judge to pick battlefield for court fight over Manson's body
- Court halts execution of Alabama inmate with dementia
- Warrant dropped for professor who spoke Hawaiian in court
- Court rules that Kushner firm must disclose partners' names
- Comedian Artie Lange arrested for skipping court
- Supreme Court declines gay rights work discrimination case
News that the Treasury plans to start distributing money to major banks this week is offering investors some room for optimism, even as economic worries remain. But investors are worried that the credit crisis has hurt the world's economy.
A surge in the yen illustrated investors' nervousness about how much economic activity could slow. Japan's Nikkei 225 index dropped to its lowest close in 26 years as investors worried that the high yen will hurt Japanese exports and further disrupt economic activity. The currency moved to the 93 yen level and near 13-year highs. The yen is seen as a safe haven holding for investors who contend the Japanese economy will fare better in a global recession.
The Nikkei fell 6.4 percent to its lowest level since October 1982, while Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index tumbled 12.7 percent, its lowest finish in more than four years and its biggest single-session drop since 1991.
Legal News Media
Legal News is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the site at any time. Your This site is solely for your personal use. You are, of course, welcome to print or otherwise copy material from this site for your personal use. However, you may not distribute, exchange, modify, sell or transmit anything you copy from this Site, including but not limited to any text, images, audio and video, for any business, commercial or public purpose. Any unauthorized use of the text, images, audio and video may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and civil and criminal statutes.