- Mass Casualties
- Natural Disasters
- Financial Crisis
- Food Borne Diseases
- US Recall News
- Class Action Lawsuit
- Recent Outbreaks
- Railroad Law
- Court News
- Legal Insight
- Court Watch
- Courts: Bail reform working, but sustainable funding needed
- Inmate in landmark Supreme Court case denied parole
- GOP to take new congressional map to court
- Supreme Court blocks some redrawn North Carolina districts
- Court: Lawsuit alleging coerced confessions can go to trial
- Thai court drops royal insult charges against academic
- Russia court cancels journalist's deportation to Uzbekistan
- Judge to pick battlefield for court fight over Manson's body
- Court halts execution of Alabama inmate with dementia
- Warrant dropped for professor who spoke Hawaiian in court
The three were in a pickup truck on their way to a funeral when they crashed along a smoke- and fog-covered stretch of Interstate 75 near Gainesville early Sunday, according to the man's ex-wife, Celeste Knapp. She said troopers told her about the deaths Tuesday night.
The three killed were Michael and Lori Hughes, and Sabryna Hughes Gilley, Knapp said. Sabryna is Knapp's daughter.
The Pensacola family's truck was so badly crushed and burned that it took investigators more than two days to find Sabryna's body. The wreckage was so extensive that investigators enlisted anthropologists to help identify victims by their bone fragments and teeth.
"They were looking for her because they put two and two together and knew she was in the (truck). They had to peel back layers of the truck to get to her. I imagine she was sleeping back there and found here tucked away in the back," Knapp said.
Legal News Media
Legal News is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the site at any time. Your This site is solely for your personal use. You are, of course, welcome to print or otherwise copy material from this site for your personal use. However, you may not distribute, exchange, modify, sell or transmit anything you copy from this Site, including but not limited to any text, images, audio and video, for any business, commercial or public purpose. Any unauthorized use of the text, images, audio and video may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and civil and criminal statutes.