- Mass Casualties
- Natural Disasters
- Financial Crisis
- Food Borne Diseases
- US Recall News
- Class Action Lawsuit
- Recent Outbreaks
- Railroad Law
- Court News
- Legal Insight
- Court Watch
- Supreme Court hearing case about online sales tax collection
- Question of sales tax on online purchases goes to high court
- Michigan Democrats back Nessel for state attorney general
- Court: Man can't be retried for murder after mistrial ruling
- Bolivia takes sea access dispute with Chile to world court
- French court issues mixed ruling in Facebook nudity case
- Trump administration backs PLO in victims' high court appeal
- Large Midwest energy project turns to ex-Missouri governor
- Arizona court to hear arguments on immigrant tuition case
- Cambodian court denies opposition leader release on bail
The recall affects the 2009 versions of the Buick Enclave, and the Chevrolet Cobalt, HHR, Malibu and Traverse. The Saturn Aura and Outlook have also been affected, as have the GMC Acadia, and the Pontiac G5 and G6.
The issue with the shift lever lies in an inability to effectively mesh with the transmission. This issue manifests itself when drivers move the shift lever into the 'Park' position for automatic cars and the transmission doesn't actually reach the 'Park' setting. This could cause cars to roll away if the handbrake is not engaged, although GM did not go into specifics as to what other issues could present themselves.
While around 270,000 cars are being recalled, most are still sitting in dealer lots. Only around 75,000 vehicles that could potentially be affected by the faulty shift lever have been sold to consumers, and none of those vehicles have reported any problems relating to the recall as of yet.
Legal News Media
Legal News is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the site at any time. Your This site is solely for your personal use. You are, of course, welcome to print or otherwise copy material from this site for your personal use. However, you may not distribute, exchange, modify, sell or transmit anything you copy from this Site, including but not limited to any text, images, audio and video, for any business, commercial or public purpose. Any unauthorized use of the text, images, audio and video may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and civil and criminal statutes.