- Mass Casualties
- Natural Disasters
- Financial Crisis
- Food Borne Diseases
- US Recall News
- Class Action Lawsuit
- Recent Outbreaks
- Railroad Law
- Court News
- Legal Insight
- Court Watch
- Supreme Court hearing case about online sales tax collection
- Question of sales tax on online purchases goes to high court
- Michigan Democrats back Nessel for state attorney general
- Court: Man can't be retried for murder after mistrial ruling
- Bolivia takes sea access dispute with Chile to world court
- French court issues mixed ruling in Facebook nudity case
- Trump administration backs PLO in victims' high court appeal
- Large Midwest energy project turns to ex-Missouri governor
- Arizona court to hear arguments on immigrant tuition case
- Cambodian court denies opposition leader release on bail
When Vermont Livestock Slaughter & Processing in Ferrisburgh recalled more than 2,000 pounds of ground beef Thursday, owner Carl Cushing said that none of the government's tests found any E. coli in his meat, but that he would cooperate in the interest of safety.
Laura Reiser, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service, confirmed Friday that tests of Cushing's beef came back negative, but said that did not mean there was no E. coli.
Reiser explained that testing is performed by taking a random sample from a batch of meat and testing it. However, she said E. coli can have a local presence in a batch of meat and thus remain undetected. "Even if a test is negative, it's possible that the E. coli wasn't in the part that was (tested)," she said.
Legal News Media
Legal News is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the site at any time. Your This site is solely for your personal use. You are, of course, welcome to print or otherwise copy material from this site for your personal use. However, you may not distribute, exchange, modify, sell or transmit anything you copy from this Site, including but not limited to any text, images, audio and video, for any business, commercial or public purpose. Any unauthorized use of the text, images, audio and video may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and civil and criminal statutes.