- Mass Casualties
- Natural Disasters
- Financial Crisis
- Food Borne Diseases
- US Recall News
- Class Action Lawsuit
- Recent Outbreaks
- Railroad Law
- Court News
- Legal Insight
- Court Watch
- Supreme Court hearing case about online sales tax collection
- Question of sales tax on online purchases goes to high court
- Michigan Democrats back Nessel for state attorney general
- Court: Man can't be retried for murder after mistrial ruling
- Bolivia takes sea access dispute with Chile to world court
- French court issues mixed ruling in Facebook nudity case
- Trump administration backs PLO in victims' high court appeal
- Large Midwest energy project turns to ex-Missouri governor
- Arizona court to hear arguments on immigrant tuition case
- Cambodian court denies opposition leader release on bail
The display has been covered with a drape since a federal judge ordered Richland County Common Pleas Judge James DeWeese to remove it in October 2009. DeWeese also had posted a label above it bearing the word "Censored."
DeWeese that he is disappointed but knew his effort to get the Supreme Court to hear the case was a long shot, the Mansfield News Journal reported.
"I will probably eventually take the display down," he told the newspaper.
DeWeese hung the poster in his Mansfield courtroom in 2006 after the U.S. Supreme Court let stand lower-court rulings that another Ten Commandment poster he hung in 2000 violated separation between church and state.
The American Civil Liberties Union of Ohio Foundation sued, and the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati ruled the display endorsed religious views and was unconstitutional.
Legal News Media
Legal News is the top headline legal news provider for lawyers and legalprofessionals. Read law articles and breaking news from law firm's across the United States to get the latest updates. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the site at any time. Your This site is solely for your personal use. You are, of course, welcome to print or otherwise copy material from this site for your personal use. However, you may not distribute, exchange, modify, sell or transmit anything you copy from this Site, including but not limited to any text, images, audio and video, for any business, commercial or public purpose. Any unauthorized use of the text, images, audio and video may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and civil and criminal statutes.